Select a membership level
As a member of the As If Collective, you get access to Patrons-only blog posts, the "Small Room" on the As If Discord, selected early releases and exclusive stuff like random theory posts and occasional recordings of me speaking about something game-related with a cool reverb effect.
As 'Playtester' plus you get to be co-director of a one-shot release, once per year. You may also suggest projects for the "To Do" list of the As If Collective. If it sounds good, I'll do your thing.
About Tod Foley
Glad you asked!
AS IFthe Art & Science of Interactive Fiction
a Weird Patreon-Supported Publishing Endeavor
I'm available for chats, consults, editorial services and actual play.
What follows is the details.
This is where I share new project news, experimental game designs, play aides, theory rambles, bleeding-edge game-related software, podcast appearances and other PR, and early releases of everything I do.
When you become a Patron you're not only helping to keep me and my projects alive, you also become part of the As If Collective - a loose network of interactive fictioneers interested in experimental applications of narrative engineering. You'll get early access to assorted game projects and systems for playtesting, and you're encouraged to provide feedback on concepts in development. Big ideas will be entertained. When these books and games are published commercially, your name will be found in the credits. Here are some examples:
- CORE Complete - the extended hackable hybrid RPG system for emergent character-driven stories
- DayTrippers 2E - a surreal science fiction reality-hopping roleplaying game
- UbiquiCity - anthology series and gamemasters sourcebook for the Fractopian Future
- The Land of Ooo - an unauthorized CORE setting based on Adventure Time
- Fictioneers.net - an online directory and forum devoted to indie RPGs & storygames
Currently Active BOOK Projects:
- Ipseities - a collection of unsettling and unclassifiable short stories
- Unjudgable - the next bizarro novel by Master of Weirdness S.L. Koch
- The Book of PlotFields - a GM's aide for running emergent narrative
- ScenePlay - a card-based game of collaborative moviemaking
- Ghosts in the Machine - an updated version of this 1992 theatrical LARP
- Narricon - a symbolic notation system for interactive narrative development
- Documental - a collaborative system for fictional documentaries & mockumentaries
- PatternSystem - a system-agnostic library of narrative and mechanical structures
- WorldNotes - a unique color-coded development system for worldbuilding
- PsycheBall - an arena game of psychic cybernetic battle with roleplaying on top
- PaperLand - a mapmaking game of cards and strategy with roleplaying on top
Your contributions, small or large, enable me to continue pushing the envelope of interactive narrative design, fiction, and theory. I've been doing this for 40 years, and I want to share my findings with you.
If we had a Universal Basic Income, or if we lived in a true anarchist society, I wouldn't need to ask you for help. But we don't, and times are hard. Very hard. I need to make this work, because -- like I said -- it's all I do.
If you made it this far (thank you for reading!), I'm pretty sure you'll be interested.