Myrrh Larsenis creating music experiences
Select a membership level
Through A Keyhole 🔓
Join me each week for photos, videos, behind-the-scenes looks at the show development and collaborations. Peek inside the writing and production process, and view future shows to come!
- PRIVATE CONCERT VIDEOS. Patron-only videos and behind-the-scenes stories from every rehearsal (example)
- A HΛUNTING. Monthly video series giving you a taste of Myrrh's Séance concerts through the eyes of the audience (example)
- MY MONTH IN MUSIC. Each month, get an audio playlist of the month's patron-only content.
- plus PATRON DISCORD ACCESS, and more!
Skeleton Key 🗝
You will receive TOP SECRET access to studio recordings of works-in-progress, cover songs, demos and song sketches, show-exclusive material and voice-overs, and more! Unlock secret patron-only access to works as they happen and be part of it all.
Also includes early access to music videos and patron-only posts, plus a special discount on all Myrrh Larsen merchandise.
- EXCLUSIVE MUSIC DOWNLOADS.
+ ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS
Love Letters from Persephone
In addition you get "Skeleton Key" access to studio recordings and demos, early access to all music videos and patron-only posts, plus a special discount on all Myrrh Larsen merchandise.
*International postage applies for non-U.S. addresses
About Myrrh Larsen
I'm Myrrh Larsen, a Portland, Oregon-based musician, touring and recording artist focused on live narrative rock shows developed in collaboration with performing artists of other disciplines.
In our unique live events, we take the atmosphere of music videos — surreal and story-focused — and bring it to life through immersive and evocative rock shows.
Unlike the traditional music industry model, (where the album dictates the way the show goes), for us, the story and the live show determine what is created and what is recorded.
Look, it's been an unusual year. I'm understating it, of course. I set out to focus primarily on creating live experiences — and then the live entertainment industry all but disappeared overnight. While these touring shows will return, what I'm focused on in the interim is:
- Developing truly unique hybrid live+streaming shows, both as an evolution of the regular music series SÉANCE, and as a producer, director, and video artist in collaboration with immersive theatre company SPECULATIVE DRAMA.
- Releasing a series of new original SINGLES & COVERS along with music videos & other visual accompanying work done in remote collaboration during the pandemic.
- Sharing weekly Patron-only PRIVATE CONCERT videos, where I invite you into my currently-closed-to-the-public studio for a one-on-one performance between me and the camera.
TOURING SONG SAGA SHOWS
◆ PIECE OF ME, an ill-fated love story between a human and a fairy, inspired by mysterious journals and letters from the 1930s. Featuring & devised in collaboration with acclaimed contortionist and trapeze artist Meg Russell (New Orleans, Portland, West Coast)
◆ GREY GOLD: A NEW MYTH OF PERSEPHONE & HADES with full band and a rotating cast of movement actors portraying Persephone and Hades (New York, Portland, West Coast)
CURATOR & RESIDENT ARTIST, S͚̹̒̀É͓̦͛̈́A͔̘͆͠N̜̤̈͛C̩͎̔̂Ë̺̰̿
A monthly live showcase that transports you outside of time and place, accompanied by the spirits of the dead.
In addition, I am one of the founders & artistic directors of west coast performance art club THE STEEP AND THORNY WAY TO HEAVEN, famous for our regular themed costume parties and site-specific art events; I am also Creative Director for acclaimed environmental theatre company SPECULATIVE DRAMA, and a very active participant in the Pacific Northwest's music, circus, theatre, film, and eclectic performance art communities.
Join me, and get a secret glimpse into the incredible world that goes on behind the scenes of all these productions!
By the way: I realize the goals listed on this page are outdated, pre-pandemic. I'll get around to updating them soon!
This quarterly series brings together myself, guest musicians and bands under the umbrella of a shared theme, and features silent ambient performers playing "ghosts" in the room.
This additional $200/month goes towards technical staff and administration for the shows.