Justin Malikis creating Optimal Living Daily - Narrated Blogs
Select a membership level
OLD Friend - Bronze
A private Podcast link that you can use in your regular podcast app to listen without ads and without repetitive content (mentions of other podcasts, Facebook group, mailing list, etc.). This starts at Episode 480 of Optimal Living Daily only.
OLD Friend - Gold
AD-FREE OPTIMAL LIVING DAILY EPISODES
NOW IT'S PERSONAL
Get my personal email address and be part of this tier of fewer than 10 people (as of 2019). This is a very special group to me.
I've discontinued sending hand-written cards because it started to feel like I was adding clutter instead of true value!
About Justin Malik
We all read blogs, but it can be painful, because:
- Who wants to sit & stare at a screen for even more hours/day?
- How do you find the best blog posts to read?
- Who has the time to sit down and read them?
- What about new authors that we're missing out on?
I created Optimal Living Daily to fix this. I teamed up with the best blogs I could find and got their permission to narrate their content. I also wanted to force myself to speak more--to confront my social & performance-based anxiety. It's a win-win.
What is Optimal Living Daily?
Optimal Living Daily is a Top Health Podcast where I simply narrate the best blogs for you. It has been listened to in nearly every country in the world. Because of its popularity, I turned Optimal Living Daily into a network of podcasts:
- Optimal Living Daily - Narrating the best Personal Development, Minimalism, & Productivity Blogs
- Optimal Finance Daily - Narrating the best Personal Finance & Frugality Blogs
- Optimal Health Daily - Narrating the best Health & Fitness Blogs
- Optimal Business Daily - Narrating the best Entrepreneurial & Business Blogs
- Optimal Relationships Daily - Narrating the best Relationship Blogs
My business partner and I grew tired of our old business, which didn't truly add value to the world. I somehow convinced him to let me start a podcast where I narrate blogs instead. I would take $2500/month as a salary.
Producing these podcasts turned out to be more expensive than I thought:
- Blog posts need to be found
- Blog posts need to be read for content, word length/timing, readability
- Every episode needs a script
- Every episode needs to be recorded in a super-quiet environment (not at my place)
- Mistakes need to be edited out
- More editing to fix timing issues, noises, etc.
- Episode needs to be tagged with information
- MP3 needs to be created & uploaded
- Episode title & description need to be written
- Episode needs to be published along with a website post and social media mention
- Weekly newsletter
- Other activities: driving to record, responding to emails, etc.
- Pay the hosts of the spin-off shows
- Website hosting
- Audio hosting (1000+ MP3 files)
- Audio & video equipment
- Travel back and forth to recording space
- Audio & video software
- Minimal help from freelancers
- Mailing list service
- Accounting software
- Attempt to pay myself
Every listener motivates me to keep going, even if the project loses money. I truly appreciate every listen and message I receive.
If you want to help make this sustainable, please consider contributing monthly. I offer bonuses as a little incentive.
With your help, I can create not only more episodes, but more shows, and have a sustainable income doing something that adds value to the world.
There is a better way to consume your favorite blogs.