Somewhere in Japan
Creating photographs and writing essays related to Japan
Select a membership level
The Awesome Tier
Limited (1 of 10 remaining)
For the cost of a cup of coffee, you can help keep my site running on premium web hosting, with backups and security measures, ensuring that the site loads quickly, doesn’t go down, and is always secure.
- A hand-written thank you for your involvement!
- Early Access to All New Podcasts and Videos
- Direct topic requests (given priority over non-patrons)
- Your name on the supporters page
- Behind-the-scenes content
- Access to drafts and works-in-progress
- 50% off all open edition prints
About Somewhere in Japan
Please note: for the time being, this Patreon is paused. It will resume, probably before the end of the year. If you’d like to be notified when that happens, please sign up for the Somewhere in Japan newsletter, which you can do at the bottom of the page at https://somewherein.jp
This is the official Patreon for Somewhere in Japan, but it's a lot more than that, too. This Patreon page is a way to be directly involved with as I:
- Research, photograph, and write about a section of Saitama City, Japan, for my new project for 2022 and beyond: A Thousand-Meter-Radius
- Write blog posts and make photographs relating to life in Japan
- Learn the ropes and get up to speed with audio production, including putting out a podcast version of all Somewhere in Japan posts from 2021 (to start)
- Work hard to transition from working full time as an English teacher in Japan to doing full-time creative work as a photographer and writer, which is difficult and complicated to do, though more than worth it.
I'll be straight with you: I don't really have a clear idea yet of what I'm doing with this Patreon, which is why I've limited the pledge options to a single, low-priced tier. Again: I don't really know what I'm doing here just yet, but am figuring it out as I go.
For now, I’m going to just focus on putting up at least a few things every week and go from there. What I do more of here depends in large part on what gets the most response, so your involvement will help shape the future of this.
Your presence and involvement is sincerely appreciated. Which is easy enough to say, but I really do mean it.
Become a patron to
Unlock 31 exclusive posts
Get discounts to an online store
Connect via private message
Recent posts by Somewhere in Japan
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method